Friday, December 17, 2010

Go Green When You Move - Reuse, Reduce, and Recycle

After living in Tucson, Arizona for the last seven years I just moved back this week to New York.  When moving don't just put all of your stuff in a trash bag and throw it away in the dumpster.  Be smart and go green.  Make sure you use the three R's: Reuse, Reduce, and Recycle.

I accumalated a lot of stuff over the last seven years like some couches from Erin L., a blender from Allen M., a car from Jake C., etc. To go green during this move I donated clothes that didn't fit me to goodwill, gave back old hangers to the local cleaners, recylced old college papers, recycled Jack's labtop, recycled my old printer, and donated some old telephones to goodwill.  I also brought back some cfl's that didn't work anymore to Home Depot.  The average American would not do what I did when moving.  There stuff would of ended up in a landfill and they would of wasted stuff that could of been donated, resused, or recylced.  When moving think about other people and the environment.  Don't you think it makes sense to donate old clothes and shoes to goodwill instead of throwing them in the garbage? Don't you think it makes sense to recycle your old printer to Office Max to get a $50 coupon towards a new printer?

Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment