Saturday, November 20, 2010

Going Green Makes Sense

I recently got my electricity bill and was very happy to find out that all my hard work to make my condo more energy efficient paid off.  This month's electric bill was the lowest that I paid over the last three years by twenty dollars. Going green does make sense and is economical at the same time.  To be more energy efficient to get the energy savings that I got this past month I did a few simple tasks.

Over the summer I used caulk to seal around windows, door frames, and ducts.  Installed weather stripping on all of the doors and used insulating foam sealant to patch up ducts and vents.  I spent about thirty dollars to do this and the pay back is very quick. It also just took a few hours to do.  Doesn't this make sense to do? Going Green is not only good for the environment, but also for your wallet.  So go to local hardware store, Home Depot or Lowe's today to purchase the materials you will need to be more energy efficient to save money, save the environment, and save the United States from being dependent on oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment